CPC Civils Ltd are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team working from our Hockley Heath Office.
What will you be doing?
The Quantity Surveyor would be responsible for assisting in the delivery and governance of commercial services across multiple sites.
· Responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations and ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
· Ensure the site teams adheres to company procedures and governance.
· Collate, Cost/Value Reports and forecasts as required, then implement required actions.
· Ensure that the Commercial Practitioners administer the contracts correctly in a timely and professional manner.
· Identify, mitigate and manage risk & opportunities for the portfolio of work.
· Maximising of cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production for all projects.
· Provide input with financial reporting including cost value reconciliation of accounts including cash forecast, final costs, monthly liabilities, and payments.
· Ensure sound contract administration of contracts including adherence to contractual notifications such as early warning, notification of compensation events, payment notices and payless notices, programme submissions, and all other contractual communications.
· Produce Subcontract documentation including negotiation of terms and conditions, prices, and programme.
· Management of subcontract works packages, including interim assessments of the amount due and subsequent change management.
· Representing the business in client and supply chain meetings
· Experience working in contracting commercial department.
· Able to provide guidance on quantification, costing of construction works and task elemental cost analysis.
· Optimise cash flow through external valuations and control of subcontractor accounts.
· Ensure contract sums & final accounts are submitted in line with client timescales.
Who are we looking for?
· Proven commercial experience at a similar level/role, or looking to go to the next level. We would expect that the any candidate would have at least 3 years’ experience.
· NEC contract experience preferred.
· Preferably HND/HNC or Degree qualification
· Ability to engage with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
· knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
· Capable of working to deadlines.
· Understanding of programming techniques and project controls.
· Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Project).
Desirable but not Essential
· Working knowledge of Asite Contract Management Systems
· Working knowledge of Planning and the use of programmes in the management of construction works.
- Appreciation of tendering and pre-contract cost analysis
- Appreciation of risk identification, the use risk registers and how risk is managed.
- Appreciation of Health, Safety and Sustainability matters relative to the industry.
- Working on Target Cost or Design and Construct contracts.
- Appreciation of accounting concepts.
- Solid knowledge of construction processes – particularly with civil engineering delivery and specifications
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships.
About the Project
Severn Trent Water (STW) Capital Delivery Framework for the LOT 2 Contractors comprises of a multidisciplinary programme of works covering Clean & Wastewater Infrastructure and Reactive works across its region.
CPC have a busy programme of works taking us up to April 2025.
There will also be opportunities to work on other projects throughout the business when required.